digital marketing strategy affected by mobile internet usage
Mobile has become a huge connector of consumers and business in the past two years. Today many people have the use of smartphones, tablets and other mobile devices to access the internet and even make enquiries regarding products. With the current prominence and popularity of mobile internet device, it’s crucial for business to integrate with mobile apps. It shows how the behaviors of customers can be a direct influence to their digital marketing.
Mobile use statistics below reveal the Uk population’s behaviour on the usage of the internet.
- In 2014, 38 million adults (76%) in Great Britain accessed the Internet every day, 21 million more than in 2006, when directly comparable records began.
- Access to the Internet using a mobile phone more than doubled between 2010 and 2014, from 24% to 58%.
- In 2014, 74% of all adults bought goods or services online, up from 53% in 2008. Clothes (49%) were the most popular online purchase in 2014.
Some activities people do when accessing the internet with a smartphone:
- Watch a movie or video on video publishing sites
Video is an efficient channel which business could use to reach out to their potential clients.
- Browse social media sites
The potential is unlimited in which business can engage with their consumers on social sites.
- Search for products and info on the web
A good practice to do is developing mobile friendly websites and applications that can drive a business forward. Making blogs clear and readable and the tabs easy to use will keep web visitors longer on sites.
Activities on Smartphone for 7 days
An insight from our mobile planet with google above gives and idea how mobile activity can influence digital marketing strategies as it reveals the activities of smartphone owners and their behaviour using the internet. Over a 7 days period nearly 30 percent of the UK population used mobile to search for products on search engines and over 45 percent used the internet from their smartphones. It shows how important the accessibility of websites through mobile must be regarded by business. Consumers behaviour has changed with the functionality of mobile internet devices. Making sales pages and product information reachable through mobile internet devices could boost the sales and conversions for business. This together with the ability of consumers to instantly access a service and download products on their smartphones is a great boost for digital marketing.
CONNECT WITH ME ON GOOGLE+
CONNECT WITH ME ON PINTEREST
CONNECT WITH ME ON